With IMMEDIATE effect we have now turned off on line appointment booking due to the Covid – 19 outbreak
All appointments at The Glebe Practice need to be booked directly with our reception teams in order for us to ensure that patients have not had any contact with any potential Covid-19 carrier.
If you have been given a face to face appointment at the surgery or need to come to collect a prescription, please wear a face covering before you enter the surgery. This can be a mask or a simple face covering such as a scarf. This does not apply to children under 5 years of age
Coronavirus / COVID-19 Advice
If you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new, continuous cough and a high temperature, you are advised to stay at home for 7 days. Do not book a GP appointment or attend your GP practice. If you live with other people, they should also stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home.
If your symptoms are serious, or get worse, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need further medical help and advise you what to do.
Only call 111 direct if you are advised to do so by the online service or cannot go online.
For the latest COVID-19 advise please visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
How long to stay at home
- if you have symptoms, stay at home for 7 days
- if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms
- If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days.
- If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
If you are self-isolating:
- Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
- Stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- Sleep alone, if that is possible
- Wash your hand regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
- Stay away from vulnerable adults such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible